Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Google gadget mania!

Howdy, folks!

I know I've only had some "From around the web" posts lately, but we have been busy here at Resideo, so I'm sure you'll forgive me!

One thing I have been working on is creating some unique and useful Google Gadgets. Now, Google Gadgets are pretty nifty, and allow designers to include all sorts of interesting things that can be included on your Google customized home page and any other site you maintain.

So far, I've created 3 fairly simple gadgets:

Hotel/Destination/Activity Search
Allows you to search for a hotel name, city and/or activity ("Snow Ski Vail", "London hotels", etc.). We return the most relevant results right there in the gadget box.

Random Hotel
Admittedly, not very useful, but pretty darn cool if you ask me. This gadget displays a different property each time it's loaded -- randomly from over 30,000 hotels and resorts from all over the world.

Recent Hotel Q&A
My very first Google Gadget, this widget displays the most recent questions that have been posted by site visitors.

Anywho, feel free to take a look, add them to your site and/or Google homepage, and let me know what you think!

Until next time...

No comments: