Friday, October 24, 2008

From Around the Web: Motel 6 to go carpetless in rooms in an effort to go green

A press release caught my eye this morning, and I did a double-take as soon as I read it. Apparently, in an effort to go green, the Motel 6 chain is planning to get away from having carpet in their guest rooms, and going with a "wood-effect laminate flooring" (starting first with its "Phoenix Prototype", and then moving on to hotels that are currently in the design stages (or currently being renovated), and then onto all other properties.

Here's a link to the original press release.

While I applaud hotels that take efforts to cut back on waste, this just strikes me as odd. I don't think I'd want to stay in a room that didn't have carpet. *shudders*

I mean, think about all the crud that will stick to the bottom of your feet as you walk around the room. At least with carpet, most pieces of "stuff" will be grabbed by the carpet. Ok, so let's not think about that...

Anywho, so what do you guys think about this news?

No comments: